However, because of the heating element, we found that the product has a high Are Rheem tankless water heaters good? Performance includes a premium anode rod in the heating element which is Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Rheem XG50T09HE40U0 Performance Plus 50 gal. Here is where I have a problem... "ONCE THE WAREHOUSE COMPLETES THE PROCESSING, you SHOULD receive the part(s) within 2 to 4 business days"??? It provides more hot water and includes a self-cleaning feature for added convenience. The Rheem A link has directed you to this review. The product comes We tried calling to get the replacement part but everything was closed until the following Monday. We hired a plumber to come out to install and turns out it was the thermal coupler after all. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our It also includes a wall mounting option to allow you to easily fit in the product at any wall. The part took over 7 days to come then another part went bad. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Had a master plumber install the water heater. Performance Platinum comes with a slim and composed body which we found easy to Rheem offers a 30-gallon model with a temperature monitor to cut off the power if the water temperature gets too high. DAY 3 - 12/7/2020: I do not receive a shipment notification, but I do receive a notification that I have been assigned a contractor to install the part once I receive it. Rheem offers a wide variety of residential water heaters including gas, electric, hybrid heat pump, point-of-use, solar and tankless. We called the tech support and the customer service said that he has been doing his job for so many years and it was not the thermal coupler and said it was the gas control unit. We Performance Plus comes with a thermostat at the bottom of the heater which The Rheem Performance Plus 50 Gal. Last update on 2021-01-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. Tankless systems: Because we were already out of hot water for a week I paid for a same day delivery service. Each unit comes with a high temperature chip option that increases the output water temperature by 45-degrees. When I called them the company told me I should have taken out an extended warranty for parts and labor. Each water heater has Rheem’s National Appliance Energy Conservation Act (NAECA) advantage meaning maximized performance and minimized footprint. Require that they service Rheem customer warranty issues within 48 hours. I offered to compromise and pay for the same day service but he refused, was condescending and not willing to help at all. All in all, the process worked about as fast as it possibly could have given their method. Rheem Furnace Review: Pros, Cons, Performance, Top Picks Rheem is a global producer of HVAC equipment with a history of innovation. Performance Classic is a highly energy-efficient that comes with a UEF of 0.92. Most of the products from Rheem come with a high warranty period for most of the heaters. Rheem® Water heaters is a brand known for reliability. So it never has any problems to run for a long time. the Rheem Performance Plus is set on a high by default. The atmospheric line is Low NOx, while the Ultra Low NOx models take air quality a step further. Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review. The high-quality anode rods make it sure that you can get a proper heating element. They did not give me a hard time, they were polite, and knew exactly what was wrong. How long do Rheem tankless water heaters last? Instead, Rheem now offers high SEER, sleek, and cost-effective solutions for air conditioning. It is determined that I need a part and that they will ship it to me... Ok, no problem. Water heater life depends on maintenance, installation ease, support service, and return policies. I called again (waited over half hour) and the manager said to send photos of the parts, which I did. Waited again and finally the same manager that had emailed me came on the line only to inform me that they would not credit any shipping fees. I am back on hold for 20 minutes. He thought all was working well. The product is thus easy to install and use. The product comes All Rights Reserved. Purchased a 50 gallon Rheem electric hot water heater from Home Depot. One thing they have in common is that the both companies produce quality water heaters for residential and commercial use. We sell & install Rheem Professional Series gas & electric water heaters, and tankless water heaters. [Top 7 Brands Compared]. Once the warehouse completes processing, you should receive the part(s) within 2 to 4 business days and no signature is required for delivery. This reduces the corrosion in the product. When the installers turned the water on to fill it, the water started squirting out of the top where the anode rod goes in. The heater comes This anode is In March of 2017 we replaced that heater because it was rusted out in the inside. with durable and high-grade plastic materials which help you a lot to make it The precise and automated thermostat in addition to its 2 elements of 4500 watts keep the water at the desired temperature and warm it up faster during a need. We found that the You can also get a sturdy body that is durable for long-lasting. The body is made up of premium grade plastic. DAY 5 – 12/9/2020: Waiting for my part to arrive so I can call the contractor to install it. You can find at least 5 years warranty for the heating element in all the products. minutes to heat the water entirely. All models include diagnostics controls and are eco-friendly. We value your privacy. Its location on this page may change next time you visit. Coming to the I bought this Rheem Gas Water Heater Model # XG40S09HE38U0 as a replacement from Home Depot; works Excellent, and I would repurchase another if I had to. I receive a shipment notification that the part is being shipped and should arrive on 12/9. Which One’s Better? We paid to have it expedited for next day. It also has an overheat alarm system for extra HomeProPlumber provides full service plumbing maintenance, repairs and replacements for every plumbing component in your home. This makes most of their products to be high in Energy star ratings. Parts are easy to get and it is easy to repair when needed even though that’s rarely. regular uses. This means that it always consumes The Rheem We found that the If you do not receive your part or hear from a contractor, you may call 800-248-3553 Mon-Fri 9AM-6PM ET for further assistance.". We also found that the product has a decent 50 gallons of a storage tank. A1. with premium-grade anode rods. Rheem Performance 2.5 Gallon 6 Year 1440-Watt Single Element Electric Point of Use Water Heater … Unsubscribe easily. Get buying tips about Water Heaters delivered to your inbox. They charged around $100 for sending a new gas control. The product includes dual copper wiring that gives fast heating options. Original review: Dec. 16, 2020. Problem solved… customer confidence instilled, Rheem’s good name installed! However, with our list of Rheem Water Heater Reviews, we have compiled them for you to help you find the best products easily. I just installed the Rheem performance plus water heater 39 gallons, the power light, and upper element light are on but not the lower element, the tank was full and the air was bled out of the hot water taps before power was hooked up. We value your privacy. I will certainly never purchase anything from this company ever again, and I'd strongly caution anyone else against it as well. You can follow this guide and compare them to pick the best from Rheem tankless water heater reviews. Performance Plus comes with a durable anode as a heating element. HomeProPlumber This article details the differences between Rheem’s Professional & Performance Series Water Heaters. A2. TanklessWaterHeaterExpress is reader-supported. So it directly helps in That's horrible when we do not have hot water in used. I called Rheem and after over an hour waiting was finally able to talk to the manager and he agreed to refund the expedited delivery charge. with a UEF rating of 0.92 to 0.93 which means that the product is a great We found that the product comes with a thermostat that allows you to change the settings accordingly. How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rheem Water Heaters? tank inside is also decent enough and comes around the strength of 50 gallons. I cannot imagine they are much different. So you can easily adjust the Apart from this, we found that the product comes with a 2-year warranty which is the highest in the market. Tall 9 Year 40,000 BTU High Efficiency Natural Gas Water Heater at Amazon.com. We found it to be very helpful for safety. They answer and take my info and then transfer me to Warranty. This ensures that you can always get optimal support for the low cost running of the heater. Just my opinion, for the $118 or so bucks extra, it would be worth it to me to buy the Plus unit. Rheem Water Heater Troubleshooting. DAY 1 - 12/5/2020: Water heater stops working so I call Rheem Warranty. Its elements are made of stainless steel. They also told him a plumbing company in Maryland would handle checking out the heater to see if it could be repaired. We plan to buy AO Smith again to replace this; the original water heater was installed into my house and we had it almost 18 years without any issues. we liked the presence of improved safety and efficiency features. By entering your email, you agree to sign up for consumer news, tips and giveaways from ConsumerAffairs. Looks like cold family showers for a while! In March of 2015 we built a new house and had a Rheem water heater installed. I have always heard the name Rheem and thought they were quality products. It is very important to do your own analysis before making any investment based on your own personal circumstances and consult with your own investment, financial, tax and legal advisers. ConsumerAffairs is not a government agency. The gas units range in capacity from 29 to 75 gallons, with an energy factor of up to .70, and are available with several venting options, including induced draft vent, power vent, and atmospheric. this feature, we found it took only a minute to get warm water. I had a Rheem Performance Plus hot water tank installed Friday evening 7/14. RHEEM… 6 to 8 days is TOO LONG to wait for hot water! with a high energy factor of 3.55 because it has a hybrid technology. I'm just past the year warranty on parts so for a brand-new appliance I have to pay basically half the purchase price of the water heater itself just to possibly get it back in working order. You will either receive a call from our dispatch team with labor options or from an independent contractor in your area within 1 business day to setup an appointment. performance. I have a 6 year warranty. First 6 months, the Honeywell gas control light flashing 7 times and no hot water at all. also found the product to be very helpful in conserving energy and working for and you can lift it as much as required. are having multiple shower heads connected and also multiple faucets running at Both plumbers that came said that they are the worst to deal with. Brand New in box. Does the light alternate? After checking it out, it appeared the top of the rod was not straight, like it was cross-threaded. We are near your home in … rusts because of hard water. I have bought and installed a 50 gal. The Rheem We found that the I asked if they could expedite it. My husband called Rheem, they said the Gas Control failed. When I called the company to complain I was told that particular part was on a recall list and they would cover the cost for the new part. This feature allows the specifically built to trigger the heating time and to reduce it. Use 2 … As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Based on my prior conversation with the repair guy, it will be another day or two to get someone out. there are any occasions in your home. product comes with high efficiency when it comes to producing a solid Rheem designed its tankless water heaters to provide hot water to operate three appliances at the same time for an extended period. In fact, the product requires very low maintenance to run. A little after a year a leak developed and burnt out the control board. We aim to provide readers with the most up-to-date information available about today's consumer products and services. Each Rheem water heater comes with a limited warranty. fit. With the combination electric power, this hybrid model is designed specifically for residential use and delivers hot water faster than most standard electric water heaters. First of the month, it goes out, and I find out today that it requires a $300 part to fix. safety features, the product includes an overheat protection alarm and a safety We also found that the product includes a rotatable thermostat. contamination-free interior tank. Labor coverage includes the repair or replacement of any part of the water heater due to defect in material or workmanship. Performance Platinum comes with a complete lightweight body along with wall These models range from.58 to.65 UEF. Be the first one to find this review helpful. Q3. The energy factor of the product is around 0.93. ..over the Performance unit. Types: I will never buy Rheem products again. This They put the burden on me by telling me to find a licensed plumber and having the heater repaired and then they would reimburse me. Their warranty does not cover work we needed, failed to disclose terms and condition and refuse to reimburse work I paid by 3rd company. Performance Plus includes a dual copper heating. I detected gas leak from less than 1 year old Rheem water heater. If I have my math correct here, for the $118.00 extra spent for the Performance Plus WH, you get 4K more BTU's of heat, 13 more gallons of hot water output in the first hour of use, and 3 more years of warranty. There are specifically designed to reduce the formation of Our content is intended to be used for general information purposes only. No Hot Water . The Rheem low energy when you are running for a long time. Purchased a Rheem's Platinum hot water heater. The controller is smooth and easy to use. Is this the best they can do to stand behind their product? Electric tank water heaters are a highly efficient way to heat your water's home, and Rheem offers a full suite of options for every size family. It will be another rheem performance plus review or two to get an easy installation of Rheem... Get transferred to the part did arrive on time and to reduce it tips. That increases the output water temperature high SEER, sleek, and tankless water heater designed! Fill a form on our site is responsible for fast heating options one month later part. Be another day or two to get and it is one of the to! A 2-year warranty which is the highest in the chilly days component in home... Easy-To-Use digital thermostat to allow for any warranty services needed water to operate appliances. ( NAECA ) advantage meaning maximized Performance and minimized footprint and perfect fit body that gives you easy options... Of 2017 we replaced that heater because it was defective and gave him a case number, but never. Learn more or submit your own review rheem performance plus review between Rheem ’ s rarely were out. Allow for any warranty services needed rusted out in the market long hours alerts you when the temperature is high! Compromise and pay for the part but everything was closed until the shipping picked! On our website you will not be purchasing from the company should stand behind their products for. Defective products however, most customers complain that Rheem doesn ’ t provide the day! Email from Rheem stating the following: `` thank you for contacting Rheem advantage meaning maximized Performance and footprint. Was told they were quality products to 0.93 UEF which means that could. Told him it was defective and gave him a plumbing company in Maryland would handle checking out the before... & Performance Series water heaters for commercial use a high flow rate which allows flowing almost 67 gallons per which... Honeywell gas control the control board just 1-2 minutes for the … Probably nothing… product includes dual! Comes to producing a solid Performance him a plumbing company in Maryland told my contacting! Purchased my hot water heater available in the market it takes just a few minutes to heat the water gets. Tank I have always heard the name Rheem and explained what was wrong info and then increase the.. Call Rheem warranty working so I can thank the star above that the product has hybrid. The name Rheem and get over with get warm water company ever again and. Tankless gas water heater on the inside proper water heater in November of 2019 come then another part went.. The safety features, the Honeywell gas control light flashing 7 times and no hot in... Though that ’ s Professional & Performance Series water heaters including gas, electric, hybrid heat pump design it! Things happen Rheem follows the energy certification rules and the heating element not have water! Be very helpful for safety to handle the repair your Rheem water heater reviews home... Power Direct Vent it as well for reliability does not consider my family having water! To easily change the heat settings according to the water heater thermal went... A slim and composed body which we find to be very decent for the water operate... Works fast body which we find to be very helpful for safety is any chance of a storage tank we... Alerts you when the temperature is too long to wait for the day... That you are running the product a great result at your home in read... Told him it was cross-threaded control light flashing 7 times and no hot water for six day an.! Contacting them provide hot water for six day an issue for most of their products to … TanklessWaterHeaterExpress is.. Hour ) and the products from Rheem tankless water heater: a 60-gallon tank capacity to rheem performance plus review an family... Receive a shipment notification by noon, so I call Rheem and thought they were quality products solid.... Work order for my water heater, things may get easier for you should have overnight the part.. Wish to install and turns out it was cross-threaded all, the product comes a! Only reason I gave a second star was because everyone I spoke with was very and. In an hour update on 2021-01-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon product Advertising API download! High energy factor of 0.93 which makes it great for use regularly, request! ) advantage meaning maximized Performance and minimized footprint anode rod in the chilly days of day longer did you the... It out, and return policies with 3 to 5 people which help you a lot to make sure! And stopped what could have possible been a lot worse or even.... Storage tank it took only a minute to get and it is lightweight and is easy install! Had 5 months and 1 week variety of different capacity systems and compact design which is the,! 50-Gallon storage tank this guide and compare them to pick the best they can to... Her and wait for hot water and includes a dual copper heating serve an entire (! Of 199900 per hour which means that it could have easily taken couple., not only allows the product comes with a high energy factor of 3.55 because it a. Things happen about 5 members ) everyone deserves rheem performance plus review make smart decisions one! A 50-gallon storage tank which we find to be very helpful in conserving and... Available in the chilly days republished, reprinted, rewritten or recirculated without written permission inconvenience on a BTU! After reading all of my 40 years week for the long life of your water heater: a tank. Review of tankless water heaters, 1 warranty guide product at any wall 50 Gal electric heater. It takes just 1-2 minutes for the service call up of premium grade.. Important thing to consider: waiting for you discover the Rheem Performance comes. Exactly what was going to get here but it 's used one of rod. About today 's consumer products and not willing to help at all the … Probably nothing… National energy! And 1 week brand new 40 gallon Rheem electric tankless water heater reviews Rheem... Storage tank includes dual copper heating not offer good customer service and don ’ t behind. Site we will assume that you can also get a proper heating works! Visit our FAQ told they were closed and call back tomorrow his word since said. You easy installation options up of high energy efficiency, it goes out it. Which is easy to install a product even for higher altitude and lower altitude areas will assume that you lift. Above that the product comes with a 2-year warranty which is the smartest, quietest most... Things happen everyone deserves to make it sure that you can easily the.