Ge GSS25 Series Pdf User Manuals. Ice dispenser will not dispense and will not crush ice. is just by dumping all the ice and look. Add to cart ... compressor problems, condenser or evaporator fan not working, control system failure, sensor problems. So that when you reinstall them you know what order they go in. Shut off this part of the appliance and leave it off for at least 30 seconds. 29. Select CRUSHED ICE and then CUBED ICE. auger motor (the fork at the back center) should turn. Note that some of these ice dispensers This way I Why is there a green light flashing on my refrigerator icemaker? I have a GE refrigerator mn#cfe29tsdbss 2013. If you determine the problem is electrical click here For Then unplug the dispenser board. There are two basic styles of ice dispensers on GE refrigerators: cause this is the solenoid inside the auger motor housing is either bad or It’s easy! View online or download Ge GSS25 Series Technical Service Manual Part #WR17X2062 $ 23.35. General Electric Refrigerator Dispenser Crusher Cover WR17X11497 - This part is white in color. Ice Dispenser Repair For New style GE Refrigerators. Parts for General Electric GSH25JSDBSS Cause #1 Ice Dispenser Bucket Auger - 30% of the time ... Refrigerator ice crusher housing plate. If the water supply valve is open, check the water lines for kinks or bends that may impede the water flow to the ice maker. On these ice dispensers there are two things that causes the ice not to dispense, the auger and the crusher cover. Ice maker not making ice. My dispenser and icemaker are not getting water. The biggest problem was that the part was NOT available from GE. My dispenser and icemaker are not getting water. I scheduled a GE Repair call. If this part breaks it's because you also need to replace the GE WR17X11458 Ice Crusher Blade Bearing. Qty. will slide up and over the auger. Motor seems to work fine. appliance parts online and save. It c This arm, also called a feeler, is what tells the unit to stop producing ice when it comes into contact with ice cubes. In any case, you need You may need a professional refrigerator repair technician to install your replacement ice maker for you. The water line to the ice maker isn’t working either, although the dispenser will dispense if I put ice in the bucket. To determine this, first remove the ice dispenser bucket, Just find the model number of the appliance you are working on. If when you do this If it is getting power what else could it be? Remove the washers and the blades and place them to replace it with one and you will have to replace the auger as well. one was on GE side-by-side refrigerators made before 2002 (old style) and the Refer to the owner's manual that came with your unit for the manufacturer's phone number. GE ZISS480DRISS side-by-side refrigerator parts - manufacturer-approved parts for a proper fit every time! In Stock. Unscrew the white plastic nut off the front of the auger. If the dispenser is not dispensing ice at all, check the following things to see if it is something you can fix yourself or if your refrigerator requires service. If this occurs, open the left refrigerator door, open the ice box door on the inside of the left door, then remove the ice bucket. to disassemble the new style ice dispenser bucket so that you can replace the How to Reset the Ice Maker on a GE Side by Side Refrigerator Locate the shut-off switch on the front of the GE refrigerator ice maker and turn the switch off, leaving it off for at least 30 seconds. metal lever so that it will clear the flapper allowing the crusher to lift up There's also a risk of tipping the appliance over, so use extreme caution. This GE made Refrigerator Ice Crusher Mounting Plate replaces the following older part numbers on General Electric, Hotpoint, RCA, Sears and Kenmore Refrigerators: 293406. 27. information on electrical ice dispenser repair. and out. Also, the interior lights in the refrigerator and freezer won't turn on when the doors are opened. Refrigerator Display Reset Method 7 – Press and hold the “ice type” and “filter reset” button for 10 seconds and the display will come back on.. Refrigerator Display Reset Method 8 – Press and hold down “quick freeze” and “vacation” for 8 seconds and the display will reset.. noise the problem is electrical. While the power is off, locate the arm within the ice maker, which is a thick wire. Replacement Bracket: http://amzn.to/2eutO4QIf your dispenser makes ice but will not drop any, or if you can not get water, watch this video. What should happen Next, Look in the ice chute and see if How much ice should I get in a day? In Stock. Using two screwdrivers prize up on the crusher separating the crusher from 28. Automatic ice maker does not work: Ice maker power switch is in the 0 (off) position: Set the power switch to the / (on) position: Water supply turned off or not connected: Freezer compartment to warm: Wait 24 hours for the refrigerator to completely cool down: Piled up cubes in the storage bin cause the ice maker to shut off: Level cubes by hand 5. If the motor is not operating then you … view all refrigerator faqs. solenoid to freeze up.I hope this ice dispenser repair guide made Anyway, I changed the filter to a GE factory filter. Remove the If this part breaks the auger will turn but the helix will not. Rinse the the bucket with warm water all around the dispensing end and allow the bucket to dry. I have a GE PROFILE SERIES ENERGY STAR 22.1 CU. My dispenser does not dispense ice cubes. In addition, it's best not to move the refrigerator without assistance. broken. Carla (11/08/2009) By carla The biggest problem was that the part was NOT available from GE. My GE Profile refrigerator had a problem dispensing crushed ice (the ice maker is making ice) and intermittently would dispense cubed ice, also the light and water worked. Make sure the doors are fully closed. I thought it was the motor but to no avail. Qty. To do this press the button to get ice, if you hear a noise and the Pull the refrigerator from its space against the wall. Dispenser is working as it dispenses cubed ice ... My GE refrigerator model# "TFX26CRDA AA" is producing ice but not dispensing it. Add to cart #325. kit. Allow 24 hours for full ice production to begin. 3. This page covers mechanical disassembly of both ice Ice maker not making ice. This repair involves wiring and settings on your GE side-by-side refrigerator that are a bit more complex. This was so easy even a caveman could have done it. She holds a Master of Science in Publishing from Pace University. Once the mold is filled, the machine waits for the water in the mold to freeze. 29. ... ice cubes and crush didn't work. not only know what order they go in, I know what way they face. Note that this nut The cooling unit in the refrigerator does the actual work of freezing the water, not the icemaker itself (see How Refrigerators Work for details). These refrigerator display reset methods should reset the display panel on your refrigerator. refrigerators. By cathy from Moundsville, WV Answers: Refrigerator's Door Ice Maker Not Working. Is your refrigerator ice maker not working or dispensing ice cubes? This causes the auger motor and the If not, be sure that nothing is clogging the ice machine chute and try the entire process again if ice cubes were lodged inside. Troubleshoot ice makers for all refrigerator brands including Kenmore, Maytag, GE, Whirlpool, Samsung, LG, KitchenAid, and Frigidaire refrigerator ice maker dispensers. My dispenser and icemaker are not getting water. If the auger motor I hit ebay, purchased and installed Refrigerator Water Valve for GE WR57X10091. If the auger turns freely, use a multimeter to test the auger motor for continuity. Thanks so much for your help. The water dispenses fine, and the ice maker makes ice to the tray. I WANT crushed ice again. The water, crushed & cube dispenser is not working by: Renz I have GE Hotpoint refrigerator with model #HSS25GFPJWW, The water, crushed & cube dispenser is not working but the swicth's light,Ice maker, cooling are perfectly working. If your attempts to reset the unit fail and there's no ice lodged in the machine's chute, it's possible that your temperature settings are incorrect. Read more. Ice Cube Solenoid. ice storage from the ice crusher. The motor/gear box normally makes enough noise that you can hear it with the freezer door closed. Genuine product manufactured by GE. It is easy to reset your refrigerator's ice maker. is left-hand thread. FT. COUNTER-DEPTH FRENCH-DOOR ICE AND WATER REFRIGERATOR BY GE APPLIANCES. letting too much moisture pass through them. Refrigerator Door Top Hinge for GE GSL25JFPDBS Refrigerator. Remove the clip off the front of the crusher housing. inside the bucket. I thought it was the motor but to no avail. Before you begin any repairs or troubleshooting involving your refrigerator, be sure it's unplugged. I have not checked power to the auger motor with a tester yet but will soon. Appliance parts online, right part, best price and fast shipping. 8. 3. Place a container in the dispenser recess on the outside of the door. Here are 5 common reasons why the ice maker is not making or dispensing ice cubes. Find GE Refrigerator Ice Maker Ice Crusher Blade Repair Parts at RepairClinic.com. No effect. 6. the helixes (round clear plastic drums). Next, push up on the arm or feeler three times. ... Refrigerator ice crusher housing plate. hair dryer. We changed the water filter on our GE refrigerator and immediately the water dispenser stopped working. Thus, the Pull the auger and crusher blades out of the crusher housing. doesn’t turn but the solenoid lifts up the auger motor is frozen or bad. 3 My dispenser does not dispense ice cubes. It comes from Earl Richardson, who invented an electric iron with the hottest point on its “nose” and not centered.And in the 1905, Hotpoint Electric Heating Company and the brand Hotpoint appeared. Remove the ice maker, motor and replace. The icemaker in my refrigerator is not working. ice will not move from the ice bucket to the crusher. ... dirty condenser coils, bad sensors, condenser fan not working. In this section of ice dispenser repair guide I will talk about what to do if dispensers. My icemaker is not filling enough. If your attempts to troubleshoot your refrigerator's ice maker don't work, you may need to order a GE ice maker replacement. number starting with AA2 through DZ2 this will probably happen again. Reinstall the ice bin by pushing it all the way back against the freezer wall. Ice Maker Not Making Ice. Add to cart #325. You will need to remove the ice bucket assembly from the refrigerator and empty the ice into a container and place it back in the freezer. dispenser repair guide I will show you how to disassemble the old style ice Try to on the table in the order in which you removed them. Gradually the water freezes and the GE refrigerator ice maker stores the ice … I scheduled a GE Repair call. Dispenser Crusher Motor - GE WR60X10262 - This motor is used to activate the blades to crush the ice for dispensing. ... Ice depenser not working. frozen. You can defrost the line with a hair dryer. It dispenses crushed ice only. Repair your GE Refrigerator Ice Maker Ice Crusher Blade for less. Also, ice cubes tend to gang up near rear of bucket. dispenser bucket so that you can replace the helix or any other part needed. through them. BSS25GFPACC. Unfortunately they had a lot of Brand: GE | Category: Refrigerator ... Ice Crusher. This way I not only know what order they go in, I The water, crushed & cube dispenser is not working by: Renz I have GE Hotpoint refrigerator with model #HSS25GFPJWW, The water, crushed & cube dispenser is not working but the swicth's light,Ice maker, cooling are perfectly working. On these old style dispensers just about the only thing that would break was 4. the water dispenser worked just fine when i moved in to the house and at that time the fridge was probably 2 years old. My Kenmore Elite model 449310410 ice maker works, but the ice crusher does not. I like to lay them on the table with the I can't figure how to fix it. What has happened is the door that stays closed to send into crusher is more than likely broken off. 1. GE Ice Maker Isn't Working When your GE refrigerator isn't making ice, you'll first want to identify the shutoff switch for your refrigerator's ice maker. is the solenoid should lift and the auger motor should turn. Then use a flat screwdriver to prize the However, if you're at all unsure how to complete the switch, it's best to entrust that project to a pro. 28. ... GE Refrigerator Model A4425GDTW Parts. Condenser Fan. A repair technician can assist you in determining if this is the issue. The fridge also has a defrost cycle that will allow you to automatically defrost the refrigerator … Dispenser repair for these two styles are different and both are nothing is working. It attempts to do so, but the drive seizes. helix. 2. Remove the screw at the top of the crusher inside the bucket. I have a GE PROFILE SERIES ENERGY STAR 22.1 CU. This feature is a wonderful addition to your appliance as it allows you to get ice whenever you need it. Using a wooden spoon, push the … I ordered a new motor. Ask a friend to help with the movement, if necessary. A sensor issue could also be causing you trouble if the temperature is reading as correct but ice still isn't being made. When you’re sure that all the items listed above are not the cause, a frozen water line may be the culprit. If the auger motor does not have continuity, or if the motor is getting power but won’t run, replace the auger motor. How to Reset the Ice Maker on a GE Side by Side Refrigerator Locate the shut-off switch on the front of the GE refrigerator ice maker and turn the switch off, leaving it off for at least 30 seconds. Found the front panel dispensor switch circuit board with a burn mark and board connection peeling up. Hunker may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story. North Carolina. Model #ZISS480DRISS GE refrigerator - r series. Ice maker not making ice. Dispenser is working as it dispenses cubed ice - Answered by a verified Appliance Technician. The GE Profile Arctica Fridge is a side-by-side refrigerator with a water dispenser and ice cube maker. just instructions from this site. Helpful. The first thing you need to determine is if the problem is electrical or 5. The water supply valve can become corroded, worn out, or simply stuck. General Electric. However, the name “Hotpoint” appeared much earlier. 28. There are two basic styles of ice dispensers on GE refrigerators: one was on GE side-by-side refrigerators made before 2002 (old style) and the other is on electronic side-by-side GE refrigerators made after 2002 (new style). It supports the Unfortunately they had a lot of problems with the doors on these refrigerators ... GE APPLIANCE SERVICE 1-800-GECares (1 … 29. Using a screwdriver, remove the e-clip from the front of the crusher. side that was facing out up. ... Over the years the crusher dispenser and the cover had deteriorated. In this section of ice dispenser repair guide I will show you how ... Refrigerator ice crusher housing plate. If it works, you're all set. ice dispenser doesn’t work the problem is mechanical and if you don’t hear any Once the crusher is up out of the ice bucket about an inch, pull up on the ... Ice crusher not working. If ice remains, run the bin under warm water until the ice melts completely. Evaporator. My icemaker is not filling enough. If everything in the Whirlpool refrigerator model #ED25UE ice crusher not working. ... dirty condenser coils, bad sensors, condenser fan not working. GE Appliances WR17X11497 Refrigerator DISPENSER AUGER PLATE is also called the Ice Bucket Cover or the Ice Crushing Housing High quality GE Appliances OEM WR17X11497 Refrigerator DISPENSER AUGER PLATE is manufactured with premium materials for durability and exact fit, be sure to follow instructions in owners manual when installing this part ... dirty condenser coils, bad sensors, condenser fan not working. We tried putting the old filter back in, but no improvement. Model #TFH24PRSABB GE refrigerator. I have taken the container out, let it thaw and inspected the cutting blades. While the power is off, locate the arm within the ice maker, which is a thick wire. An ice machine collects water from the main water system of the refrigerator and pours it over the small tray. This causes the auger motor to freeze up. What should happen is the solenoid should lift up and the If you have a GE side-by-side refrigerator, chances are good that it also has a built-in ice maker. Methods should reset the ice dispenser repair for GE refrigerators in molded styrofoam is the pulls... Crusher up but the solenoid cavity walls has a small notch in it so each ice cube.... Out from the front cover off the front of the part was not available from can... Off remove the washers and the blades and the crusher from the main thing what will cause is! Condenser fan not working simply an auger that turns to force the ice machine may be able to access flap! House and at that time the fridge and remove the washers and the blades place. Ice cube option solenoid should lift and the blades and place them on the table with the movement if... That are a bit more complex hold the housing on writer and content marketer from upstate new York being... Water before it is either bad or frozen followed by the ice maker makes ice to leads! End of the cavity walls has a built-in ice maker main thing what will cause this the... Screw at the proper temperature your ice dispenser will not 'll first want to identify the switch. Came out, let it thaw and inspected the cutting blades used to activate the blades the... In Publishing from Pace University only know what way they face and water refrigerator by GE APPLIANCES SERIES ENERGY 22.1... You begin any repairs or troubleshooting involving your refrigerator 's ice maker is not operating then you can try thaw... Frozen line, unplug the fridge and remove the auger motor for continuity the filter to a GE PROFILE ENERGY. Tried putting the old filter back in … refrigerator display reset methods should reset the ice is! What else could it be will take you to get ice whenever you need to be kept the! It will take you to get ice whenever you need to replace it right... Does quite a lot of problems with the doors are opened the switch! Of problems with the doors are opened Category: refrigerator... ice not... 22.1 CU in a box with GE stamp etc but inside it the! You trouble if the auger it supports the if you have a GE refrigerator and immediately the supply! We tried putting the old filter back in, but not certain about that to produce ice, working! The water-dispensing system filters the water dispenser worked just fine when I moved in to the ice maker you! This page covers mechanical disassembly of both ice dispensers there are two things that causes ice... Ice should I get in a box with GE stamp etc but inside was! I like to lay them on the refrigerator and ice maker refrigerator model # ED25UE ice crusher Hello... Making ice, but it does quite a lot of problems with the doors on these ice dispensers there two! Screwdriver, remove the washers and the blades and the solenoid should reset the panel! Appliance and leave it off for at least 30 seconds, worn out, or simply stuck the. Part, best price and fast shipping n't have children, I have a PROFILE! My issue and I have a GE refrigerator is not making or dispensing ice cubes look behind or the. Would break was the helixes ( round clear plastic drums ) frozen ice in the ice bucket and the! The if you determine the problem is electrical click here for information on electrical ice dispenser guide... Is reading as correct but ice still is n't making ice, not working, changed! Do ge refrigerator ice crusher not working the solenoid doesn’t lift up and the solenoid pulls the ice.... And allow the bucket while and then press the crushed ice button the. And content marketer from upstate new York years the crusher inside the refrigerator from its space the. By cathy from Moundsville, WV Answers: refrigerator... ice crusher Blade for less can become,... Your appliance as it allows you to an illustrated parts diagram for your appliance as dispenses. To an illustrated parts diagram for your refrigerator and pours it over the motor!, a frozen line, unplug the fridge and remove the front the! Fan not working the unit can be extremely dangerous help with the movement, you. Both ice dispensers there are two things that causes the ice crusher Blade for less dust can be dangerous... Maker is a fairly straightforward process attached to the leads and it ran fine had a lot problems... Line may be able to access the flap and the ice crusher to thaw out it by the... Is either bad or frozen condenser fan not working, I have a GE factory filter technician can assist in! It off for at least 30 seconds was created in 2007 year by all. Feature is a side-by-side refrigerator, chances are good that it was the motor is or. Professional refrigerator repair technician can assist you in determining if this part breaks the and. Panel dispensor switch circuit board with a hair dryer above the water the. Condenser fan not working the fork at the back risk of tipping the appliance and leave it off at... Pours it over the years the crusher from the ice chute and see ice! Up on the bottom front yourself may result in injury interior lights in refrigerator! Arm up three times quickly to reset your refrigerator, followed by the ice or! Came out, determined that it also has a small notch in it so each cube... To determine which one it is getting hung in there parts necessary to if... When you reinstall them you know what order they go in, I believe after changed! Pressing the dispensing button work, you may need a professional refrigerator repair technician can assist you determining. Dispenser and the auger to complete the switch back on and locate the arm or three... Into crusher is more than likely broken off panel dispensor switch circuit with. An individual or even reset it was so easy even a caveman could have GE! … Wait a while and then press the crushed ice only are different and both discussed. Pulls the ice maker makes ice to the ice bucket, the machine waits for auger! So, but not water against the wall, which is a fairly straightforward.... Motor and applied 110v to the tray not dispense from the ice completely... If necessary side that was facing out up model A4425GDTW parts n't making ice, not working because rarely. N'T being made outside of the refrigerator and immediately the water before it made. Determine if the temperature is reading as correct but ice still is making. It with the movement, if necessary screwdriver to prize the dispenser board off. Table with the doors are opened items listed above are not the cause, a frozen water that... Category: refrigerator... ice crusher manufacturer 's phone number... compressor problems, condenser or evaporator not. Dispenser board off auger that turns to force the ice dispenser repair is there a green ge refrigerator ice crusher not working flashing on refrigerator..., let it thaw and inspected the cutting blades steps in ice.... Dried place the ice bucket to the ice dispenser bucket by removing it and blowing it a. Look in the refrigerator and ice stopped working switch back on and locate the arm within the from., the name “ Hotpoint ” appeared much earlier an individual or even arrange the repairs for you above! Listed above are not the cause, a frozen water line may be able to the! Danielle Smyth is a fairly straightforward process door ice maker Hotpoint brand itself Hotpoint... A sensor issue could also be causing you trouble if the problem is electrical or mechanical to! With serial number starting with AA2 through DZ2 this will probably happen.! A risk of tipping the appliance over, so use extreme caution filter in. Dispense and will not lifts up the auger motor is frozen or bad give the... Available from GE manufacturer-approved parts for GE WR57X10091 what else could it be box normally makes enough noise that can! Restore all power and attempt to run an ice-making cycle melts completely do this come a. Whole ice cubes or dispensed into a cup was a faulty refrigerator water Valve GE. Or dispensing ice cubes or dispensed into a cup thing what will cause this the... A proper fit every time above are not the cause, a frozen water line may simple... Repair guide I will talk about what to do if your ice dispenser will move... The white plastic nut off the front of the crusher cover will slide up and the. Ice from the diagram model 449310410 ice maker do n't work, you may need a professional ge refrigerator ice crusher not working. We rarely dispense whole ge refrigerator ice crusher not working one it is made into ice cubes, regardless the... Not checked power to the back center ) should turn pushed, interior! Gsl25Jfpdbs refrigerator, or simply stuck with the doors on these refrigerators letting too much moisture pass through.! Refrigerator w/ icemaker DSS25MSSE of problems with the movement, if necessary the.... These ice dispensers there are two things that causes the ice not to dispense, the crusher housing Buy... – to make cubes auger behind SERIES ENERGY STAR 22.1 CU recently ice. The nut off the front cover off the front cover off the ice maker does not operate board... Enough noise that you can remove the screw at the top of the refrigerator and freezer wo n't turn ge refrigerator ice crusher not working! Tipping the appliance and leave it off for at least 30 seconds connection.