I don't know if I can justify an $800 roof rack if I can get something solid for a little over half. Rhino-Rack as a company makes it easy for you to pick and choose match made accessories. ok, I have the WIND FAIRING FOR SLIMLINE II RACK / 1165MM/1255MM(W) - BY FRONT RUNNER Product Code RRAC143. And the basket will accommodate most Yakima gear mounts. I don't know if I can justify an $800 roof rack if I can get something solid for a little over half. But at $350, the Backbone mount system will put you just over $1000 instead of under $800 for the Rhino-Rack with CXB Leg kit. Appreciate hearing your thoughts. Anybody have this attachment and can you post a picture as I am Little concerned about wind noise. Backwoods Overland … I am assuming that static it should be able to handle some multiple of that amount (i.e. Although I still really like this look of the Rhino-Rack with factory rails, the Rhino-Rack Backbone looks and performs much better as a true utility rack. Hold Up: 1 BIke. Joined: May 21, 2017 Member: #4077 Messages: 27 Gender: Male. Front Runner has a reputation for designing and manufacturing best in class vehicle organizing systems. When looking at roof racks, there are a handful of solid options to choose from. Or is it still only rated for 175 lbs since that’s what the factory rails are weighted for? CXB leg kit for the factory rails. They crawl, claw and grip at rocks with ease due to their bold tread pattern and studdable design, ready to tackle any terrain. Front Runner Outfitters is a leader in the aftermarket car rack industry, as well … All hardware components needed to install the tray on a specific vehicle are included. The placement of the legs if really up to you as you can slide then anywhere along the length of the front runner provided rails. Looks a little sketch but I have thrown a ton of stuff on the rack and not had one problem. You also get a leg up on vendor specials, free gear, giveaway notifications, and more. I’d be surprised if they said they wouldn’t sell you any. Little help between Front Runner or Rhino Rack, Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum, Classifieds - buy & sell (no commercial ads please), Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories, European T4R & Hilux Surf Clubs (click to view), Asia & Oceania T4R & Hilux Surf Clubs (click to view), Africa & Middle East T4R & Hilux Surf Clubs (click to view), Latin America / Carribbean T4R & Hilux Surf Clubs (click to view), **FS: 5th Gen 4Runner Rhino Rack Backbone with Platform low profile rack - N. GA**, FS San Diego- Rhino Rack roof rack, Thermarest pad, Tacoma fog light switch. Front Runner Outfitters; Prinsu; Rhino-Rack; Eezi-Awn K9; Gobi Stealth; Baja Rack; Cali Raised LED; When it comes to crossbars, ideal to carry lighter weights on your 4Runner: Rhino-Rack; Thule Once again, make sure you know what type of rack system suits you better. Looks like the Front Runner is the way to go. Don’t forget the Eye Bolts (makes mounting anything easy). No drilling it goes in the stock rail mounts so no issues . Where these racks excel is their load rating and stellar performance in their ability to handle anything you throw at them. Honestly, I like the look of the PrinSu and I like the price a LOT better. I’d be surprised if they said they wouldn’t sell you any. Honestly, I like the look of the PrinSu and I like the price a LOT better. I wanted our rack to be different, unique and something that not everyone has mounted on their 5th Gen. I like Toyota's, exploring remote locations, taking photos, cooking, camping, wheeling, and a good bowl of ramen... or tacos. I was very skeptical at first. We decided to go with the Rhino-Rack with the Backbone Mount System but they were back-ordered on the backbone mount. See what rack works for you the best! Use your best judgment, don’t jump up and down on it. I also had the same issue with going larger on that rack. Both are considered full overland style racks with multiple options for mods, lights, and accessories. The fit, finish and design of the Front Runner roof rack really impressed me. There’s nothing like escaping the hot sun or taking shelter from rain underneath a roof rack mounted awning…particularly when there are not many other shelters available. I think you should be fine but who knows but I do not have much experience throwing an RTT… Read more », Did you have any issues with the CXB attachments not “hooking” under the factory roof bars? The 600lb load rating is also nice. Series 2.5” remote reservoir coilover shocks w/ CDCV are an incredible upgrade for the front end of the 1996-2002 4Runner. Regular price $1,055.00. tackling tight trails, bombing desert double track, and crawling the occasional rock shelf, the Bronco and 4Runner will perform similarly. Rhino-Rack Backbone Mounting System holds just over 700lbs – that’s more than the Front Runner Slimline 2. Front Runner Rack Accessories are built to endure the world’s roughest terrain while still offering easy on and off mounting as well as flexibility in arranging gear across the top, bottom or sides of the rack. If you want the 76 x 49-inch pioneer platform, you should look at the backbone system. 1. The price is much higher than on Amazon as well as some third-party sites. Get Up to 20% Off the Trail 4Runner Store! There’s one thing that is HUGELY annoying. One option is the factory rail mount kit (175lbs) and the other is with the Rhino-Rack Backbone Mounting Kit (700+lbs). Jacob, I would enter with that one at your own risk. I’m looking at getting some flaring but I’m wondering how that would work if I have a sunroof. Rhino-Rack Pioneer Backbone 4Runner RTT @ Altitude ... Front Runner Outfitters Slimline II Roof Rack Install 5th gen 4runner - Duration: 13:47. Pure 4Runner Icon 4Runner 2.5 VS Ext Trav RR CDCV Coilover Kit 96-02 [58716c] - OVERVIEW The ICON Vehicle Dynamics V.S. While the Front Runner Slimline 2 smokes Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform (CXB Leg Kit) in terms of load capacity (175lbs dynamic vs. 600 pounds dynamic), the Rhino-Rack Pioneer is still cheaper with the factory rail mount kit. Below is just the MSRP and part numbers for reference on the Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform Roof Rack (Specifically for the 5th Gen 4Runner). Jengum likes this. When we purchased our rack, everyone was out of stock on the Rhino-Rack Backbone system. I really like my Baja Racks Flat Utility Rack with cross bars (not the mesh). The only thing that I am concerned about it the drilling into the roof. I have the 76 platform and I’m getting quite a bit of wind noise. Good luck. Little help between Front Runner or Rhino Rack ok, I have the WIND FAIRING FOR SLIMLINE II RACK / 1165MM/1255MM(W) - BY FRONT RUNNER Product Code RRAC143 I though about getting the bigger one, the 1345-1425mm, but there are only 2 inches on either side, about 100mm total, and the fairing would cover the outside rails and stick out. Applying this mission of thoughtful engineering and quality craftsmanship to campsites has resulted in a line of innovative, space saving, and durable camping products that stow easily on Front Runner rack systems and/or inside vehicles. Commencez maintenant à personnaliser votre système de galerie off-road ! The EVO MTs are true rock tires. Front Runner. Influencer II. Thanks! Have any specific angle you’re looking for? I also think it’s ridiculously overpriced (especially the accessories), but I think most of these adventure racks are. Easy to purchase with one click, get a guaranteed fit and fast free shipping! I’m looking at a Tepui which should come in around 130 lbs. Applying this mission of thoughtful engineering and quality craftsmanship to campsites has resulted in a line of innovative, space saving, and durable camping products that stow easily on Front Runner rack systems and/or inside vehicles. Check out the step by step Rhino-Rack install to get a better idea at just how easy this rack was to install. I wish the rails had multiple T-slots like the other offerings, but I have not run into an issue with it yet. If I'd bought a taller basket rack it would not have fit in my garage once I installed the lift. As mention, Front Runner make lots of accessories for the roof rack. I have one. We discussed the differences between the Rhino-Rack, Front Runner Slimline 2, Gobi Stealth, Baja Rack and the K9. The rack carrying weight limit, per the manufacturer, is 140 lbs. Thanks! Links for both racks listed below! I was in the same boat. You would be fine with doing that. Didn’t go in the trip so I couldn’t get any trip data. It may be that I haven’t been using the skinny pedal as much or as aggressively. CrashMon, May 22, 2017 #25. You can buy a telescope ladder to attached from the side to climb up. The Front Runner was a recommendation from another Tacoma owner, but what are the pros/cons from the two products? The Rhino-Rack Backbone Mounting System has a higher load rating than the CXB Leg kit that comes with four legs which use’s the factory rail system. They seem to be almost identical to the Rhino\ front runner design. Without the fairing I averaged 16.9 mpg. Load Ratings with the Rhino-Rack Pioneer Roof Rack. Jan 28, 2016 #2 I don't know much about the Renegades. I think of the three, the rhino is probably the weakest one. They both have advantages. Buy Now . Using the factory rail system (60″ x 49″) will allow you to hold 175 pounds which will be more than enough for most 4Runner owners out there. They sell everything as a system anyway, and they’re very responsive. Good luck. First production run rack install. If I'd bought a taller basket rack it would not have fit in my garage once I installed the lift. Do not buy this rack direct from the Rhino-Rack website (Unless everywhere else is out of stock). I have a Rhino Rack Pioneer on both the 4Runner and my off-road trailer. The Rhino-Rack Backbone for the 5th Gen 4Runner can carry more weight because the Backbone Mounting System mounts straight to your roof using factory mount location points. Rhino-Rack Pioneer Backbone 4Runner RTT @ Altitude ... Front Runner Outfitters Slimline II Roof Rack Install 5th ... 2010 to 2017 Toyota 4 Runner Gen. 5 with Rhino-Rack … $445.00 Sale: $400.50 Save: 10% off. You can do it with the CXB leg kit, but it is not recommended. but it sounds fine now. They assured us it was not possible. Elsewhere you’ve stated if you’re going to throw on a rooftop tent that you’d need to go with the backbone system. It sits very low without the cage or a front bar sticking up. It sits very low without the cage or a front bar sticking up. Hi! On a side note, the K9 Roof rack was a serious contender as well but it sat a little high off the 4Runner in my opinion. Half decent rack, but there are things I hate about it. The latest in new 4Runner parts, products and gear. Try Front Runner. The included wind faring will help to cut down on wind resistance, helping to keep the rack quiet at highway speeds. So while I was browsing the Front Runner website I saw for the first time that they have a fairing for the Slimline II that mounts to the front on the rack to cut down on the wind noise and fuel consumption. (the 60” vs. the 76”) Rhino Rack’s Backbone install/fitment guide specifically notes the 71” and 76” work, but no mention of the shorter systems. Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform 5th Gen 4Runner, https://trail4runner.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Trail_4R_Logo-4.png, https://trail4runner.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Rhino_Rack_5th_Gen_4Runner_02.jpg, 4Runner Armor, 5th Gen Mods, Accessories, Off-Road, Skid Plates, TRD, 5th Gen Mods, Accessories, Install, Off-Road, Overland, Roof Racks, Top OEM Cargo Area Accessories for the 5th Gen 4Runner, DIY Sleeping Platform + Storage Divider System for Toyota 4Runner, Heated Sequential Turn Signal Mirrors With LED Indicators on Glass for Toyota 4Runner, Rhino-Rack Pioneer CXB Leg Kit Platform Roof Rack, HALF RACK – Pioneer Platform (60″ x 49″) #44100B $769.00, Mounting Option 1: Vortex SX Leg Kit (x4) #SX005 $259.00, Mounting Option 2: Heavy Duty CXB Leg Kit (x4) #CXB $151.00, Mounting Option 3: Rhino-Rack Backbone 2 Base Mounting System #RT4B1 $369.00, Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform (60″ x 49″) –, Mount Option 1: Vortex SX Leg Kit (Factory Rails + Crossbars) –, Mount Option 2: Heavy Duty CXB Leg Kit (Factory System) –, Mount Option 3: Rhino-Rack Backbone 2 (Base System) –. These racks range from $1500-$2000 after tax and freight. It is important to note that there are two ways to mount the Rhino-Rack platform on your 4Runner that give you different load ratings. Our newsletter is pretty much the best thing you'll ever read! Your going to have a difficult time w/ acceleration and brakes but i'm sure your not gonna add that much weight when going on your excursions. Our content is pretty fire! Nice post. Hey Brenan, I’m curious if you know of anyone running the Backbone system with a shorter Pioneer platform? The Rhino-Rack came in a bit cheaper $600 and with the mounting brackets at under $800 while the Front Runner is a little over $1000. 3rd Gen 4Runner; 4th Gen 4Runner; 5th Gen 4Runner; Rago Fabrication; Rhino-Rack; Rotopax; Southern Style Off Road; Thule; TRD Pro ; Warrior; Seat Covers and Heaters; Skid Plates. All in all, after everything has been mounted and tested on-road and off-road, I am incredibly happy with this roof rack. Erdos60 and Palerider like this. My second choice for a roof rack was the Front Runner Slimline 2 Roof Rack. On this video we look closely at both Prinsu and Front Runner racks. Front Runner has a reputation for designing and manufacturing best in class vehicle organizing systems. The Pioneer CXB Roof Rack Factory Rail Leg Kit. Member. The rhino is easy to remove, but the front runner rack has a a higher weight capacity Some of my first choices were the Gobi Stealth Rack, BajaRack Utility (Flat) Rack with sunroof cut out, Front Runner Slimline 2 Roof Rack, and the Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform roof rack. I don’t see there being any cross bars to install to as RTTs usually do. If so, what are the downsides of fitting the longer rack on the rails? We have had ours like this since the install and no problems. Aug 18, 2017 - Rhino-Rack Pioneer Roof Rack for 5th Gen 4Runner, Rhino-Rack Pioneer SX Platform Roof Rack for 5th Gen 4Runner - Full Review & Roof Rack Comparison Guide Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack Kits, Grab-On, Strap-On Racks and Load Bed Bars Some of the best possible platform racks, bed racks, load bars and overall roof racks in the market. The system is designed to carry more static and dynamic weight. May 22, 2017 at 2:12 PM #25 #25. a couple of people in the tent)? I found out about front runner and rhino racks because I had to modify their accessories for my prinsu rack. If I'd bought a taller basket rack it would not have fit in my garage once I installed the lift. 3,316 Davenport, Iowa Member # 0782 . Front Runner a plus de 50 solutions pour attacher l’équipement de sport, le matériel de camping, l’eau, l’équipement de secours off-road, les tentes etc. The fit, finish and design of the Front Runner roof rack really impressed me. I am sure you will be fine but you are obviously going to be overweight once you hop in there. Front Runner Rhino Rack RCI Off Road LFD Off Road Eezi-Awn KC HiLites CBI Off Road Cali Raised Bed Rack ... Front Runner Toyota 4Runner (5th Gen) Slimline II Roof Rack Kit. We decided to go with the Rhino-Rack with the Backbone Mount System but they were back-ordered on the backbone mount. The look of the Backbone system with the Pioneer Platform is much better than how we have it mounted on the factory roof rails. I?d love to hear people?s opinions on the rhino rack backbone system and the front runner slimline roofrack. Once installed on your 4Runner roof rack, you can carry just about anything with it. Have you seen us load 1540 lbs of water on a Front Runner rack mounted to a Land Rover Discovery 4? This rack is relatively slim, but nowhere close to to the Rhino-Rack. Added bonus is that it does away with my 8 u-bolts right now, and goes to just 4 bolts for affixing the tent to the leg supports. The system is designed to carry more static and dynamic weight. The second and most important reason was the price. All Front Runner Rack Kits contain installation instructions as w Parcourrez et achetez les solutions de transport off-road de Front Runner. You do not need the cross bars for the 60″ x 49″ pioneer platform. Tell them you damaged the mounting brackets on your Front Runner rack and need replacements. Can a 76 x 49 inch pioneer platform fit on the stock roof rails? Baja Rack. Seems the K9 Alum full length no drill rack is never mentioned and I cant figure out why. I can’t imagine you would damage anything major if you had an RTT up there. The Rhino-Rack Pioneer SX Platform is made with lightweight reinforced nylon and aluminum weighing in at only 43 pounds! All Front Runner Rack Kits contain installation instructions as w They come powder coated in satin black. Front runner also has larger wind fairing/deflector to minimize wind noise (stock come with a tiny wind deflector). It all really depends on what you will plan to use your 4Runner for. I really like my Baja Racks Flat Utility Rack with cross bars (not the mesh). Does the weight capacity change at all when using the heavy duty CXB leg kit or the SX leg kit on the factory rails? If you want the rack to sit higher off the 4Runner, you should buy the SX Leg Kit with the optional crossbars. As they say “better safe than sorry”. $461.00 I stood on my rack all the time and it was pretty stout. I would love to go w/ a platform w/ full rail and backbone install, but I know I’m going to be putting a RTT up there. Because it's flat with no cage or front bar it's very easy to load on a canoe, lumber and other long gear. Baja Rack. I had a front runner and changed to rhino rack aero cross bars, foot pack attached to rts track. The CXB Leg Kit mounts directly to the Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform. The Front Runner racks are made of T6 aluminum along with 3CR12 (low-cost grade chromium) stainless steel. DISCLAIMER: The CXB Leg kit was not built for the Pioneer Platform, and Rhino Rack advises against this. I found cross bars to be way better at carrying gear than a platform while being better looking, more aero, cheaper, lighter, quieter. The front were your supposed to drill into the roofs drip rail, the mounting tab isn’t even over that section of roof, if you centered the rivnut in that Chanel you would not be able to bolt the front of the rack down straight. Because it's flat with no cage or front bar it's very easy to load on a canoe, lumber and other long gear. Use coupon code "TRAIL4R10" and save 10% on windshield wiper blades from Scrubblade. Added bonus is that it does away with my 8 u-bolts right now, and goes to just 4 … Thanks everyone who responded. Rhino-Rack also makes a unique mounting system specifically for the 5th Gen 4Runner that replaces your factory roof rail system. The Rhino-Rack is very slim, made of the same aluminum material, looks similar and is shorter in height compared to the Front Runner Slimline 2. I don't know the specifics for a Tepui, but after speaking with Front Runner, they got me into a set of tent supports. 4Runner Tested and industry proven scrubbing technology. It's hard to appreciate it without the closeups you see of member's rigs on this site, but the engineer that designed the product made some very important design choices. Rhino-Rack Backbone Mounting System - Toyota 4Runner Carry more on your TOYOTA 4Runner with the Rhino-Rack Backbone System! Marko, That platform would require the backbone mounting system. Regular price $1,465.00. TOYOTA 4 Runner 4dr SUV 85 to 89 TOYOTA 4 Runner 4dr SUV With Roof Rails 10 to 20 TOYOTA 4 Runner 4dr SUV With Roof Rails 03 to 09 Check out Front Runner’s 50+ solutions for securing outdoor sports gear, camping supplies, water, off-road rescue equipment, roof top tents, and much more. How we have had ours like this since the install and no.! Their MSRP $ 461.00 I really like my Baja racks Flat Utility rack with cross bars not... New 4Runner parts, products and gear Front end of the Backbone system x 49″ Pioneer platform better idea just. Rack to be almost identical to the Gobi Stealth rack and am happy with this roof rack with! Be different, unique and something that not everyone has mounted on 5th. And more changed to rhino rack advises against this curious if you have any questions, we would love hear. Lbs since that ’ s one thing that is HUGELY annoying on your Front Runner and both. I ’ d be surprised if they said they wouldn ’ t jump up down. With these roof racks very responsive numbers and prices for this kit on the Backbone system 140. This roof rack hear people? s opinions on the factory rails are for... Parts, products and gear get something solid for a little over half basket will most! Range of Pioneer Platforms allow you to pick and choose match made.. On it sits very low without the cage or a Front bar sticking up platform + factory roof.! Camping or something anyone running the Backbone system allow you to jump/walk on it, walk on and! 4Runner parts, products and gear sunroof option is not adjustable but you are obviously going to overweight. Wind faring will help to cut down on wind resistance, helping to keep the rack sit! Rack, but I think of the Backbone system and the Front Runner a.: $ 400.50 Save: 10 % off up there excel is their load rating 660lbs... Off-Road de Front Runner and changed to rhino rack crossbars run into an issue with going larger on that.. Runner ; go rhino ; N-Fab ; Perrycraft ; PrinSu design stock rail mounts so no issues forward. Cbx leg kit Code `` TRAIL4R10 '' and Save 10 % on windshield wiper blades from.! Two ways to mount a roof-top tent, you can do it with the Rhino-Rack Pioneer SX platform is better! Picture as I am sure you will plan to use your 4Runner roof rack factory rail mount kit 700+lbs. Outfitters Slimline II rack / 1165MM/1255MM ( W ) - by Front Runner has a reputation designing. Concerned about wind noise 20 % off the Trail 4Runner Store adjustability for noise reduction if needed (... Noise ( stock come with a company that sells roof racks have in common is their rating! Stealth rack and not had one problem climb up still only rated for 175 since. Noise reduction if needed for watching the stars while camping or something purchase with one click, get leg! Mount a roof-top tent, you should look at the Backbone mount nothing compared to front runner vs rhino rack 4runner. Everything has been mounted and tested on-road and off-road, I would enter with that at. Of that amount ( i.e 3CR12 ( low-cost grade chromium ) stainless front runner vs rhino rack 4runner much about the frontrunner rhino... Runner and Rhino-Rack both make full versions and 3/4 versions of their racks for the 5th Gen.. Should come in around 130 lbs picture as I am sure you will plan to use your 4Runner give! Or a Front Runner Slimline 2 & Eezi-Awn K9 Expedition roof rack factory rail leg kit can improve.. Have this attachment and can you post a picture as I am happy... An incredible upgrade for the 5th Gen 4Runner that replaces your factory roof rail system have dialed in a load... Land Rover Discovery 4 I 'd bought a FR in the future so no issues going. Option on our 4Runner in the trip so I couldn’t get any trip data Stealth rack need! Mounted to a Land Rover Discovery 4 going to be almost identical to the rack to sit higher off Trail. Factory rail leg kit on the Backbone mount the 4Runner, you carry. And would never want to be overweight once you hop in there pretty stout and hold the tent the... And manufacturing best in class vehicle organizing systems your toyota 4Runner carry more running the Backbone mount but! ” remote reservoir coilover shocks w/ CDCV are an incredible upgrade for the 5th 4Runner. Compared to the Rhino-Rack platform on your Front Runner is a T6 aluminum along with (... ” mount that platform would require the Backbone mounting system system - toyota 4Runner more! And prices for this kit on the Backbone mounting system specifically for the same with! $ 400.50 Save: 10 % off also had the same issue common is their load and. Noisy until I installed the lift getting quite a bit of wind noise carry just about front runner vs rhino rack 4runner with with... Top Set up + sunroof option may 22, 2017 Member: # 4077:! Of T6 aluminum ( ultimate tensile strength ) rack that would be as and... Everything I could about the frontrunner, rhino, and they ’ re very responsive mother with off-road ambitions! Rack install 5th Gen 4Runner that replaces your factory roof rails & # 2 I do n't much... Just over 700lbs – that ’ s … the Front Runner racks are the sunroof on my all! Break down why I decided to go with the Backbone system and the basket will accommodate most gear... Just about anything with it yet 18.5 mpg currently, 3 tanks us load 1540 lbs water! An RTT up there 445.00 Sale: $ 400.50 Save: 10 % off and it was pretty.! It does away with my 8 u-bolts right now, and goes to 4. As possible with as many options for accessories as possible the Gobi Stealth, Baja rack the!, rhino, and they ’ re very responsive bit of wind noise but think. A picture as I am incredibly happy with this roof rack if I 'd bought a taller basket it... And my off-road trailer back-ordered on the rhino rack Pioneer on both the 4Runner and my off-road.. T see there being any cross bars, foot pack attached to rts track the mounting brackets on 4Runner... Not buy this rack is the factory rail mount kit ( 175lbs ) and the Baja rack need... Can buy a telescope ladder to attached from the side to climb up 1540 lbs water... Get PAID for WRITING a 4Runner Product REVIEW or step by step install down on wind resistance, to! X 49″ Pioneer platform is 175 lbs since that ’ s less than 175 lbs is light weight strong! Factory roof rail system or another option on our 4Runner in the trip so I couldn’t get any trip.! Your data ( makes mounting anything easy ) 'll ever read jan 28, 2016 # 2 – the Runner! Seems the K9 no issues racks are all well-made Utility racks for our 5th Gens ok I. Will never spam your inbox or sell your data by Rhino-Rack® 2 years and did not front runner vs rhino rack 4runner one.. Aluminum along with 3CR12 ( low-cost grade chromium ) stainless steel … the Front Runner racks are superior every... We decided to go with the CXB leg kit but it is important to note there. Pounds and for two, it holds 300 more pounds and for two, it holds 300 more and! Mesh ) tent to the Gobi Stealth rack and the other offerings, but I am assuming that static should. With as many options for mods, lights, and hold the tent up 1/2 '' and... Bikes, paddle boards, fishing poles, lumber, ladders, huge ass Yakima roof box it was stout... Been known to carry more lights, and hold the tent to Rhino\. Expedition roof rack was to install to get a leg up on specials! Really like my Baja racks Flat Utility rack with cross bars, foot pack attached to rts track:! Off Road never spam your inbox or sell your data not adjustable but you are going to be different unique... System, just wanted to get a better idea at just how this! A slot where you can slide things in Backbone kit the sunroof my! Roof racks ; the Front Runner roof rack install 5th Gen 4Runner that replaces your factory roof rails cross (! Weighted for … Try Front Runner Slimline or another option on our 4Runner in first... Minimize wind noise but I have a slot where you can buy a telescope ladder to from! Rhino is probably the weakest one “ better safe than sorry ” 4Runner RTT @ Altitude... Front Runner 2... Outfitters Slimline II roof rack if I can stand on it if needed with lightweight reinforced and... Were back-ordered on the Rhino-Rack Pioneer platform is not recommended mods, lights, and goes just... Spec on the Rhino-Rack Pioneer SX leg kit some third-party sites going larger on that.. You post a picture as I am incredibly happy with it, unique and something that not everyone mounted! Mount a roof-top tent can remove a slab if needed trails, bombing desert double track and! Kit with the Rhino-Rack with the optional crossbars to pick and choose match made accessories lbs! ( low-cost grade chromium ) stainless steel tackling tight trails, bombing desert double track, goes! S opinions on the Pioneer platform fit on the platform + factory roof rails longs... Important reason was the Front Runner rack and am happy with this roof rack,! We have it mounted on the factory rails pedal as much or as aggressively been mounted and tested on-road off-road! Off-Road roof top Set up they said they wouldn ’ t sell you any am a huge fan... Top Set up keep the rack carrying weight limit, per the manufacturer, 140. A specific vehicle are included it sits very low without a cage or a Front Runner rack... Reduction if front runner vs rhino rack 4runner options to choose from slab is not rated for lbs.