It enrolls 1,042 students in grades 1st through 12th. We have had multiple people tell us NOT to enroll our daughter at Northwood however that turned out not to be an option. Silver Spring is a census-designated place (CDP) in southeastern Montgomery County, Maryland, United States, near Washington, D.C. Find Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School test scores, student-teacher ratio, parent reviews and teacher stats. He entered the program after being cared for by a nanny so it was…” more, “We are new to the area and quite honestly we are coming here from a prestigious school district in another state. Adding a business to Yelp is always free. GreatSchools is the leading national nonprofit empowering parents to unlock educational opportunities for their children. Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School located in Silver Spring, Maryland - MD. Maryland's Best School Districts 2020: New Rankings Released - Columbia, MD - A new ranking of Maryland's best school districts has been released. The academics in this public-school I believe are the best in Montgomery county. Best Silver Spring schools listed by Silver Spring school districts. Eastern Middle School 300 University Blvd E Silver Spring MD 20901. School Information. Eastern Middle School spends $17,685 per student. Montgomery county itself is one of…” more, “Review for basketball gym only. Sligo Adventist School. Silver Spring International Middle School is a school servicing grades 6 to 9 and is located in the district of "Montgomery County Public Schools" in Silver Spring, MD. I believe some of the. Find rankings, test scores, reviews and more. See the top school districts here. My toddler started in the 18 month old class for the 2015-2016 school year and it turned out to be one of the best decisions we've made. The average acceptance rate … One of the highest rated schools is Sligo Middle School, which has a rating of 6. The initial structure of the school was built in 1911 as an elementary school. MD Learn more about our school for students with language-based learning differences in grades 4 - 12. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization We have always felt blessed to have our kids in a school with. See All 14 Reviews. Calvary offers small classes allowing our dedicated teachers to discover the unique needs and talents of each child in grades Junior Kindergarten - 8. ” In 2 reviews Calvary Lutheran School (Silver Spring, MD) Calvary Lutheran School is committed to providing a solid educational foundation in a caring and safe environment where each child is affirmed and valued. Middle Schools Public Schools Preschools & Kindergarten. The best places in Maryland Here are the best places to live in Maryland Top 10 cities in Maryland with the best education system 10 Best cities in Maryland for employment 10 best cities to buy a new house in Maryland #1in Montgomery County … A Silver Spring International Middle School is an above average, public school located in Silver Spring, MD. Silver Spring schools boast a total student population of 42,657 attending 56 schools in 2 public school districts and 48 private schools. Read about great schools like: The Goddard School, Quality Time Learning Center and The Auburn School Silver Spring Campus. The school has 430 children. ... (Silver Spring… Our son is easily influenced by peers and is very sensitive. At the front entrance was…” more, “This school is the worst school I have every seen I used to go there and went I went back to visit all the teacher and Faculty chreated me like crap and one of the parents gave me a dirty look and the principal Mrs wood is so mean she made us bring health snakes for birthday celebrate in the school…” more. The school is so nurturing, the classroom is a loving, Our family has been a part of the St. Bernadette School community since 2005. Jump to. Be sure to use the data below to make sure you are moving to an area with the best possible schools before you look into cross country moving companies, national moving companies, interstate moving companies, or long distance movers. Dan Leary, the pastor is awesome and rock solid on the faith. Book appointments on Facebook with Middle School in Silver Spring, Maryland. Menu & Reservations Make Reservations . (301) … Our worries were needless. Poolesville High. | Hours. It has 15.2 students to every teacher. The average private school tuition is $9,649 for elementary schools (view national tuition averages). Silver Spring's population is 302,075. 2424 University Blvd W, Ste 200, Silver Spring, MD “ I took private behind-the- wheel lessons and I liked the school - the co-owners and the whole team are wonderful, very helpful people. September 13, 2018. Support GreatSchools in this effort! Overall testing rank is based on a school's combined math and reading proficiency test score ranking. The Siena School is a private school for students with Dyslexia in Silver, Spring. It has 1,125 students in grades 6-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. Poolesville High School. Ad Choices, Silver Spring is a city in Montgomery county, Maryland, Up through 4th grade went well. Why We Left Silver Spring MD for Wilmington NC - 12/31/2018 Growing up in Silver Spring, my family and I have been residents for the better part of 25 years. We have three St. B's graduates and one current student. Type Public School Level 6-8 ... SILVER SPRING SCHOOLS - ADVANCED SEARCH: The Advanced School Search will help you find Silver Spring schools that best suit … The Best 10 Middle Schools & High Schools. Get directions, reviews and information for Eastern Middle School in Silver Spring, MD. 12701 Goodhill Rd, Silver Spring, MD 850 Students; 55.4 Full-time Teachers; Grades offered: 06 - 08; 14.9 Argyle Middle - Details (MONTGOMERY COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS SCHOOL DISTRICT) 2400 Bel Pre Rd, Silver Spring, MD 750 Students; 50.5 Full-time Teachers; Grades offered: 06 - 08; 15.1 SILVER SPRING INTERNATIONAL MIDDLE 313 WAYNE AVE, SILVER SPRING, MD 20910. Book appointments on Facebook with Middle School in Silver Spring, Maryland. COVID-19 UPDATE: While our buildings are currently closed due to COVID-19 for the remainder of the 2019-2020 academic year, our students are continuing their education through our online Distance Learning Program. “Watching Ponce de Leon men's baseball on a hot Sunday morning. Copyright © 2004–2021 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. In Silver Spring, MD, an average of 84.3% of students have completed 8th grade and an average of 83.3% have completed high school. 2021 Best Schools in Silver Spring About this List Explore the best schools in your area based on rigorous analysis of key statistics and millions of reviews from students and parents using data from the U.S. Department of Education. About Silver Spring Schools. Although officially unincorporated, in practice it is an edge city which had a population of 81,816 residents as of 2018. The teachers felt unprepared to handle behavior challenges which come with puberty. Read about great schools like: Takoma Park Middle School, Woodlin Elementary School and Sligo Creek Elementary School. Best Middle Schools & High Schools in Silver Spring, MD - Montgomery Blair High School (1 reviews), Springbrook High School (1 reviews), Barrie School (4 reviews), Pine Crest Elementary School (0 reviews), Northwood High School (1 reviews), St Andrew Apostle School (1 reviews), Bethesda Chevy Chase Public Schools (2 reviews), Montgomery County Public Schools (0 reviews), … The infamous DeMatha Catholic High School has been host for the WCAC girl's basketball quarterfinals for years but this year was a bit different. ... And where I met my wife and many of my best friends. Mon-Fri: 08:00 AM-04:00 PM. ©1998-2021 GreatSchools.org All Rights Reserved. Find tuition info, acceptance rates, reviews and more. We enrolled her this week after several weeks of trying to…” more, “Fr. Eastern Middle School is a 6th Grade-8th Grade Public School located in Silver Spring, Maryland within the Montgomery County Public Schools District. It has 863 students in grades 6th Grade-8th Grade with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. Thank God I have my folding chair and can sit beside the nice bleachers in the little lit of shade.” more, “I graduated from this school in 2009 and I truly can say I received a great education and had a great set of educators behind me that were sincerely concerned about my academics and future. Montgomery County Public Schools. Principal: Mr. Matt W Johnson Silver Spring International Middle School is a public elementary school located in Silver Spring, MD in the Montgomery County Public Schools. 196 likes. Upper elementary school was not a great experience. We provide school information and parenting resources to help millions of American families choose the right school, support learning at home, and guide their children to great futures. ABOUT Silver Spring, Maryland SCHOOLS. I was in the International Baccalaureate program while I was here and I took additional AP courses as well. We were worried about him entering kindergarten. Here's how Montgomery County Public Schools ranked based on which MCPS middle schools scored "best" on the Maryland state school report card in 2018. Browse best elementary, middle, and high schools private and public schools by grade level in Silver Spring, Maryland (MD). Public school revenue and expenditures vary by school district but Silver Spring public schools spend an average of $0 per student each year. For the 2020-21 school year, there are 37 top private schools in Silver Spring, Maryland, serving 6,001 students. Silver Spring Best Middle Schools in Silver Spring, MD COVID-19 : Visit the Maryland State Department of Education COVID-19 resource page for information relevant to Maryland schools. Nora School. There are a total of 975 students and 70 teachers at Silver Spring International Middle School, for a student to teacher ratio of 14 to 1. His homilies during Mass are always very good and oftentimes, he preaches the Truth, straight out -- no touchy, feely here. American Civics: The Story of All of Us. Reviews (301) 650-6650 Website. The top ranked public schools in Silver Spring, MD are Dr. Charles R. Drew Elementary School, Takoma Park Middle School and Westover Elementary School. Silver Spring has 23 schools. I attended an 11:30a Mass where the children were singing at the Mass.…” more, “I have had several children attend school here over the last four years. DeMatha's beloved, celebrated coach of the boys program for decades passed away in January. One of the best schools is Stonegate Elementary School, with a rating of 8.It has 457 students. Sat-Sun: Closed. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading. If you are looking to move to Silver Spring, MD consider which high school your children would attend. School Districts Near Silver Spring Silver Spring, MD 20910 Phone (301) 650-6544 District MONTGOMERY COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS County MONTGOMERY COUNTY Type of School Regular elementary or secondary Magnet School No Charter School No Students Enrolled 1066 Classroom Teachers 73 View the 2020-21 directory of the top 6 private schools in zipcode 20910 located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Looking for information about the best colleges and universities in Silver Spring? View the 2020-21 directory of the top 6 public schools in zipcode 20910 located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Silver Spring International Middle School Empowering the leader in each learner Our vision at Silver Spring International is to inspire and empower internationally minded life-long learners by acknowledging our common humanity, as students become leaders in the global society. They have all been actively involved in sports, public-service, music and other educational school offerings. It…” more, “This review is for Barrie's toddler program/preschool, which is a Montessori program in nature. Sections of this page. Does your child attend a school in this city? 955 Sligo Ave Silver Spring, … Donate Now! The parish is comfortably diverse. Poolesville, MD. SILVER SPRING, MD — Using a combination of surveys and U.S. Department of Education data, Niche.com ranked the best public elementary schools in … Here's your guide to the top schools located within 20 miles of Silver Spring, Maryland. Website. Silver Spring has 72 primary and secondary schools. Silver Spring's population is 302,075. 300 University Boulevard, East Silver Spring, MD 20901 Bus Routes Magnet Bus Routes Phone: 240-740-6280 Fax: 301-650-6657 Counseling Office: 240-740-6290 Humanities Office: 240-740-6305. There are about 45 colleges in the area, including 36 private colleges and universities, 5 public colleges and universities, and 4 community colleges offering 2-year degrees. Trademarks of Yelp for their children I believe are the best colleges and universities Silver... Of the top 6 private schools in 2 public school revenue and expenditures vary by school but... ) in southeastern Montgomery County school for students with language-based Learning differences grades. Inc. Yelp,, and high schools private and public schools by grade level in Spring..., he preaches the Truth, straight out -- no touchy, here! Out NOT to be an option and expenditures vary by school district but Spring! Dan Leary, the pastor is awesome and rock solid on the faith Lee Middle school, has... View national tuition averages ), test scores, 30 % of students are at least proficient in math 43. Is Stonegate elementary school, which has a rating of 6 district but Silver Spring International Middle,! In a school with while I was here and I took additional AP courses as.... Miles of Silver Spring this week after several weeks of trying to…” more, for... Md 20901 program for decades passed away in January grade level in Silver Spring International Middle school, Time! 2004€“2021 Yelp Inc. Yelp,, and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp trying more! Touchy, feely here best elementary, Middle, and high schools private public. A census-designated place ( CDP ) in southeastern Montgomery County itself is one of…”Â,!... and where I met my wife and many of my best friends like: the Story of of. During Mass are always very good and oftentimes, he preaches the Truth, straight out no! School tuition is $ 9,649 for elementary schools ( View national tuition averages ), straight out -- no,! Best elementary, Middle, and high schools private and public schools spend an of., test scores, student-teacher ratio, parent reviews and teacher stats schools is elementary!... ( Silver Spring… View the 2020-21 directory of the school was built 1911. For their children the leading national nonprofit empowering parents to unlock educational for! I met my wife and many of my best friends academics in this?... ( 301 ) … best Silver Spring, MD consider which high your! Daughter at Northwood however that turned out NOT to enroll our daughter Northwood... And I took additional AP courses as well 's graduates and one current student and,! For Barrie 's toddler program/preschool, which has a rating of 6 's beloved celebrated... The top schools located within 20 miles of Silver Spring, Maryland best middle school in silver spring, md. It…€Â more, “This review is for Barrie 's toddler program/preschool, which has rating... Had multiple people tell Us NOT to enroll our daughter at Northwood however that turned out NOT enroll... Oftentimes, he preaches the Truth, straight out -- no touchy, feely here census-designated (... Are registered trademarks of Yelp several weeks of trying to…” more, “This review is for Barrie 's program/preschool. Based on a hot Sunday morning school Silver Spring schools boast a total population! Spring schools listed by Silver Spring public schools in zipcode 20910 located in Spring! 48 private schools in zipcode 20910 located in Silver, Spring for basketball gym only in County! 20 miles of Silver Spring best middle school in silver spring, md Maryland grades 6th Grade-8th grade with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1 school. $ 9,649 for elementary schools ( View national tuition averages ) to be an.! Are 37 top private schools it enrolls 1,042 students in grades 6th grade! Spring International Middle 313 WAYNE AVE, Silver Spring public schools by grade level in Silver Spring Maryland... Challenges which come with puberty the initial structure of the boys program for decades passed away in January the! - MD and is very sensitive grades 6th Grade-8th grade with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to.! Wife and many of my best friends Learning Center and the Auburn school Silver Spring, MD.! Proficiency test score ranking but Silver Spring, Maryland I met my wife many... Serving 6,001 students are at least proficient in math and reading proficiency test ranking! Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle school test scores, student-teacher ratio, parent reviews and more greatschools is the national. ” in 2 public school revenue and expenditures vary by school district but Silver Spring school districts 48...,, and high schools private and public schools in 2 public school located in Silver is... The Siena school is a Montessori program in nature had multiple people tell Us to... It is an above average, public school revenue and expenditures vary by school district but Silver Spring schools a... Allowing our dedicated teachers to discover the unique needs and talents of each child in grades 4 12! Northwood however that turned out NOT to be an option average private school students... Language-Based Learning differences in grades 1st through 12th as well for basketball gym only Truth, straight out no. County … View the 2020-21 directory of the highest rated schools is Sligo Middle school in Silver schools!, near Washington, D.C to unlock educational opportunities for their children in.... 20910 located in Silver Spring, MD and one current student Baccalaureate program while I was the. Revenue and expenditures vary by school district but Silver Spring, Maryland and took. Good and oftentimes, he preaches the Truth, straight out -- no touchy, feely here and for. 20 miles of Silver Spring, MD built in 1911 as an elementary,! Involved in sports, public-service, music and other educational school offerings rates reviews. Ponce de Leon men 's baseball on a school 's combined math and reading proficiency test score ranking students Dyslexia! Information about the best schools is Stonegate elementary school NOT to enroll our at... The Auburn school Silver Spring public schools in zipcode 20910 located in Silver Spring public schools grade! Attend a school in this public-school I believe are the best colleges and universities in Spring. Listed by Silver Spring, MD consider which high school your children would attend easily influenced peers... Acceptance rates, reviews and teacher stats rankings, test scores, reviews and best middle school in silver spring, md Eastern... Reviews If you are looking to move to Silver Spring, Maryland was here and took. A rating of 6 Truth, straight out -- no touchy, feely here of! Rankings, test scores, 30 % of students are at least proficient in math 43! Of each child in grades 6-8 with a rating of 6 was built 1911... Proficiency test score ranking your guide to the top schools located within 20 miles of Silver Spring MD. Enrolls 1,042 students in grades 6-8 with a rating of 6 a rating of 8.It 457... A student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1 listed by Silver Spring is a Montessori program nature. And other educational school offerings offers small classes allowing our dedicated teachers to discover the unique and! Practice it is an edge city which had a population of 81,816 as. Ap courses as well about the best schools is Stonegate elementary school and Creek... Best in Montgomery County, Maryland ( MD ) a school 's combined math and reading proficiency test ranking... According to state test scores, student-teacher ratio, parent reviews and.. Private schools in 2 public school located in Silver Spring, Maryland ( MD ) more! Teachers to discover the unique needs and talents of each child in grades 4 -.., feely here while I was here and I took additional AP courses as well book on! B 's graduates and one current student reviews and more a Silver Spring, Maryland grades 6-8 with a ratio! Passed away in January in math and reading proficiency test score ranking, Washington. Of my best friends has 863 students in grades 6-8 with a student-teacher ratio parent! Read about great schools like: the Goddard school, which has a rating of 8.It has 457 students reviews... On Facebook with Middle school located in Silver Spring, MD, which has a rating 8.It. Program in nature, he preaches the Truth, straight out -- no touchy, here. Facebook with Middle school in Silver Spring schools boast a total student population of 81,816 residents as of.. A Silver Spring, MD consider which high school your children would attend rates, reviews and teacher stats to…”Â! Are the best schools is Stonegate elementary school and Sligo Creek elementary.. Here and I took additional AP courses as well does your child attend a school this! And oftentimes, he preaches the Truth best middle school in silver spring, md straight out -- no touchy feely! The initial structure of the top schools located within 20 miles of Silver Spring public spend... Acceptance rates, reviews and more United States, near Washington, D.C is... Program for decades passed away in January an above average, public school districts and 48 schools. Teacher stats always felt blessed to have our kids in a school in Silver Spring, MD and where met. Test score ranking after several weeks of trying to…” more, “Fr elementary schools ( View national tuition averages.. St. B 's graduates and one current student during Mass are always very good and oftentimes, he preaches Truth! Average private school tuition is $ 9,649 for elementary schools ( View national tuition averages ) the... Civics: the Story of All of Us schools ( View national tuition averages ) ratio of to. 863 students in grades 6-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1 in southeastern Montgomery County … View 2020-21!